- No comments
Microsoft Excel is the most popular spreadsheet software program by Microsoft office. It is the first requirement of every person you should have knowledge of Excel. Everywhere like in large companies, small entrepreneurs and also in college or school students using it. Here we are discussing and guide you how to use Microsoft excel basic in easy and simple steps.
How to create and save a Spreadsheet
Open the Microsoft Excel application
In different Windows version, there are two ways to open the Excel program.
- First of all , go to “Start” and then “Programs” to locate the Excel icon.
- Go to Start Screen and press Windows key + Z then click on All apps bar.
Start a new workbook
- Click “File” and further “New.”
- Select “Blank Workbook,” then “Create.” An empty workbook will open.
Save the workbook
- Click the File menu and select “Save as.”
- Choose a location on your system to save your file, type the name in the “File name” box.
Prepare your worksheet for data storage
By default, Excel workbook has 3 worksheets. Sheet 1 opens by default and you can see this tab at the bottom of the window.
Rename a sheet
- Right click on the Sheet 1 tab.
- Select “Rename” and in addition type the new name.
When you entered the data, your wish to save it. Press the “Ctrl+S” key on your keyboard .
Entering and Managing Data in Excel
Start with entering the data into the cells of the worksheet
If you want to start with one or two columns or rows enter all of data on the sheet.
- Go to a cell and type the data into the cell.
- To edit the data, Double-click the cell of the spreadsheet.
How the cells are formatted
- The “General” format is used by default, but you can change the settings of each cell.
- Formatting can be changed such as a number, date, time, or currency from the “Home” tab.
- However, you can change the font and style by using the “Font” sections of the “Home”
Sort the data
- Select the data you want to sort. You can select single columns or multiple columns and also include text titles.
- Choose the Data tab and click “” The Sort dialog box will display.
- Select the column you want to sort in the “Sort by”. The title of your columns will display in the “Sort by” box.
- Select Values, or Cell Icon. If you have entered text, you want to select Sort On “”
- Select the alphabet order that you want to apply to the sort operation. Either in ascending or descending.
Filter your data
- Selecting the data you wish to filter either one or multiple columns.
- Choose the Data tab, and click “Filter” in the Sort and Filter section.
- Click the arrow to see the list of options.
- Select the values you want to use and click “OK” to see the results. Hence,the rest of data will be hidden. So that you can view the filtered data.
- Restore the data by selecting the “Clear” option in the Sort & Filter section of the Data tab.
Performing Basic Calculations
Use the sum function for basic column adding
- Click on the empty cell below a column you want to add together.
- Click the “AutoSum” symbol to the right on the home tab.
- Select a second time the empty cell will now display the total of the column of numbers.
Add numbers using your own formula
If you want to add numbers that are not lie in one column. You can also create your own formula for adding.
- Click on the empty cell that you like for the sum to appear in.
- Press = sign then type the column letter and row number corresponding to your first number (e.g., B2).
- Type + sign and then click on the next cell and row number corresponding to your second number. For example = B 2+C 5. Repeat until you have selected all of the numbers you wish to add together. Finally, press enter and see the result.
Create a chart by selecting the data
- Find the Insert tab and the Charts group.
- Click the type of chart and a chart sub-type.
Create a table by selecting a range of cells to make into a table
Either the cells contain all data or some of them can be empty.
- Find the Home tab and the Styles group. Click on Home tab >Styles group>Format as Table.
- Select the table style.
Hope the above guidelines can help you to use the MS Excel in an easy way. In case, if you want to get more information regarding Microsoft Office Suite then you can Contact us 1-8448914883.